Designed through meticulous care and preparation, along with unparalleled engineering, the new rear mount, Sutphen SLR 108 puts firefighters first. With its 108-foot, Huck® bolted, aluminum ladder, Sutphen brings safety and fire awareness to every aspect of the apparatus.
The Strongest Aerial Device in the Industry: Constructed using #6061-T6 aluminum alloy and fastened with aircraft grade Huck® bolt technology, the aerial has a safety factor of 3:1, unmatched in the industry. The Huck® bolt system eliminates the need for welds. Welding weakens the material, making it susceptible to cracking.
Lower Aerial Maintenance: The aluminum aerial device never needs painted and won’t rust. Aerial slide blocks are constructed from Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW-PE) that requires little to no maintenance.
Heavy Duty Body: The Sutphen body is constructed from corrosion resistant #304 Stainless Steel. Body compartments are bolted together for strength and ease of repair. Body compartments are tall and deep providing ample storage space for rescue tools and other bulky equipment, as well as tool mounting boards, shelves, trays, etc.
Underslung Jacks: With two sets of underslung jacks deployed by the touch of a button, the SLR 108 maintains a narrow jack spread of 16 feet. Even with its narrow jack spread, the apparatus brings you short-jacking capabilities to reduce jack spread and enable your truck to reach into tight alleyways and narrow streets.
Ground Ladder Storage: Complete with an aerial compliment of 115 feet of ground ladders as standard, and room for long handle tools, additional ladders, stokes baskets and more, the low-to-the-ground ladder chute gives firefighters easy access for ladder deployment.
Heavy Duty Cab Interior: Cab interiors are well appointed and very durable. Stainless steel door panels are standard, and heavy duty Durawear material covers the headliner and back wall. Bostrom Secure-All ABTS SCBA seats Durawear covered seats are standard.
Multiple Seating Configurations: Cab and interior configurations available to accommodate up to 10 personnel all while maintaining a “full tilt” cab.
- Monarch 62” and 73” flat roof and raised roof options
- Front Axle and Suspension 23,000 lbs.
- Rear Axle and Suspension 48,000 – 52,000 lbs.
- Standard 12” bumper with optional 6”, 18”, 24” or 30” extension options. Available in stainless steel, stainless steel channel and painted
- Engine Options:
- Cummins L 9 400 HP or 450 HP
- Cummins X 12 425 HP, 450 HP, or 500 HP
- Cummins X 15 600 HP
- Transmission Options:
- Allison Gen 5 EVS 3000
- Allison Gen 5 EVS 4000
- Point-to-Point or Multiplex wiring systems
- Hale or Waterous, 1500 to 2000 GPM
- Standard Pump Equipment: (2) 6” main suction, (2) 2.5” discharges left, (1) 2.5” discharge right, (1) 3″ discharge right, (2) 1.5” crosslay, (1) 3” tank to pump, and (1) 1.5” tank fill
- Black vinyl, brushed, or mirrored finish stainless pump panel
- 300-500 gallon water tank
- #304 Stainless Steel bolted body, Huck® bolt to the chassis frame
- Up to 240 cu. ft. of usable compartment space
- Roll up doors or hinged doors offered in painted or non-painted satin finish
- Alco-Lite or Duo-Safety ladders with a minimum of 115′ aerial compliment
- 236″ with 62″ Cab
- 247″ with 73″ Cab
- 4-section ladder
- 1500 GPM monitor/nozzle
- Pinnable waterway at the 3rd or 4th section
- Pre-piped 4″ aerial waterway inlet. Standard pre-plumbed from pump, available with direct inlet at the rear of the vehicle
- EMS/storage cabinet in the cab
- Hose storage, front suction, front discharge in the bumper
- Multiple pump inlet, discharge and crosslay options
- Foam system
- Numerous electrical and scene lighting setups