In Stock Trucks
If you want the strongest 100’ Aerial Ladder available, then you need a Sutphen SL 100. The SL100, like all Sutphen Aerials, has a 500-lb. tip load while flowing 1000 GPM at any angle, at full extension. The extruded-aluminum tubular ladder is highly resistant to corrosion and has extraordinary strength and torsional rigidity, resulting in a 3:1 safety factor.
Designed with a 5-section ladder, short wheelbase, and shorter overall length, the SL100 provides extreme maneuverability and superior handling when compared to competitor products.
Sutphen’s proven mid-mount design provides superior weight distribution, extraordinary maneuverability, and easy access to the pumper-like hose bed as there are no hose chutes or turntable in the way.
Sutphen Signature Mid-Mount Design: Not only did we invent it, but we’ve perfected it. The Mid-Mount design has been the Sutphen signature design for over 50 years, and while others have tried to copy it, no one can match the quality and dependability of a Sutphen.
Lower Center of Gravity: The Sutphen Mid-Mount design and lower overall weight naturally contribute to a lower center of gravity. An apparatus with a lower center of gravity is a safer, more stable, and better handling piece of equipment.
Ease of Maintenance and Serviceability: Not having the platform rest over the cab means not having to raise the aerial in order to tilt the cab for access to the engine or other vital chassis components. Daily checks and service can be done inside the station or service center.
Lighter Overall Weight: Sutphen Aerial Apparatus typically have an in service weight 10-20 Tons less than our competition. Don’t be mistaken though, lighter weight doesn’t mean lighter duty. What lighter weight does mean is better acceleration, better breaking with shorter stopping distance, and less wear and tear on your brakes and brake components which reduces maintenance costs.
The Strongest Aerial Device in the Industry: Four sides are always better than three, and the Four-Sided Box Boom design of the Sutphen Aerial Device makes it the strongest in the industry. Constructed using #6061-T6 aluminum alloy and fastened with aircraft grade HuckBolt technology, the aerial has a safety factor of 3:1, unmatched in the industry. The HuckBolt system eliminates the need for welds. Welding weakens the material, making it susceptible to cracking.
Lower Aerial Maintenance: The aluminum aerial device never needs painted, and won’t rust. Aerial slide blocks are constructed from Ultra High Molecular Weight Plastic that requires little to no maintenance.
Fast and Easy Set Up: From the time you arrive on scene, the Sutphen Mid-Mount Aerial can be set up and in the air in 30 seconds or less. The fastest and most efficient set up time in the industry. All necessary control stations, eg: Cab, Jacks, Pump, and Turntable, are located within 6’ of each other.
The Strongest Aerial Device in the Industry: Four sides are always better than three, and the Four-Sided Box Boom design of the Sutphen Aerial Device makes it the strongest in the industry. Constructed using 6061 T6 aluminum alloy and fastened with aircraft grade HuckBolt technology, the aerial has a safety factor of 3:1, unmatched in the industry. The HuckBolt system eliminates the need for welds. Welding weakens the material, making it susceptible to cracking.
Thinking Inside the Box: We’ve built the box, now let’s put something in it. Doesn’t it make sense to keep all of the important equipment protected inside? The waterway, electric cables, and breathing air hoses are all housed inside the Box Boom. There they stay protected with less chance of being damaged, which reduces the chance of costly repairs, and apparatus down time. This also means that the Sutphen Aerial device can be placed right up against a roof cornice or building with no risk of damaging the waterway.
Heavy Duty Cab Interior: Cab interiors are well appointed and very durable. Stainless steel door panels are standard, and heavy duty Durawear material covers the headliner and back wall. Bostrom Secure-All ABTS SCBA seats Durawear covered seats are standard.
Multiple Seating Configurations: Cab and interior configurations available to accommodate anywhere from 6 up to 10 personnel all while still maintaining a “full tilt” cab.
Superior Driving Visibility: With no ladder hanging over the top of the cab, your visibility is much greater. With the Mid-Mount design, there is nothing to block your view of busy intersections, street corner signs, or traffic lights.
Hose Bed Capacity: The easily accessible hose bed is also located at the rear of the apparatus and holds 650’ of 5” supply hose.
Up to 500 Gallons of Water: Water tank sizes up to 500 gallons depending on body selection and configuration. Foam tanks are also an option.
Heavy Duty Body: The Sutphen body is constructed from corrosion resistant #304 Stainless Steel. Body compartments are bolted together for strength and ease of repair. Body compartments are tall and deep providing ample storage space for rescue tools and other bulky equipment, as well as tool mounting boards, shelves, trays, etc.
Custom Compartmentation: With over 200 cu. Ft. of usable compartment space the SL100 allows for easy access to rescue equipment configured to the needs of the department (depending on body options).
- All Sutphen Aerial Apparatus are rated for 50 mph wind load.
- Single source design, engineering, and manufacturing.
- The Sutphen Aerial will operate at full capacity anywhere within the operating envelope, regardless of extension or elevation, thus eliminating the need for a load chart.
- The hydraulic system operates with lower hydraulic pressure and lower heat; this is due to the lower weight of the device.
- All Sutphen Aerial Apparatus include a Twenty (20) year structural warranty.
- Monarch 56”, 62”, 73” cab options with flat, 10” half, or 15” half raised roof options
- Front Axle and Suspension up to 25,500 lbs.
- Rear Axle and Suspension up to 48,000 lbs.
- 12” bumper standard, optional 6”, 18”, 24”, or 30” extension options. Optional steel or steel channel, painted bumper
- Engine Options: Cummins ISL 9 400 or 450HP, or Cummins ISX 12L 425, 450, or 500HP, or Cummins ISX 15L 600HP.
- Transmission: Allison Gen 5 EVS 3000 or EVS 4000 (dependent on engine)
- Point-to-Point or Multiplex wiring systems
- Diamond Plate Cab Roof (standard 36” x 59”)
- Standard 230” Wheelbase (with 56” cab)
- Hale, Waterous, or No pump/no tank option, 1500 to 2000 gpm
- Standard Pump Equipment: (2) 6” main suction, (2) 2.5” discharges left, (1) 2.5” discharge right, (2) 5” crosslay, (1) 3” tank to pump, and (1) 1.5” tank fill
- Black vinyl, brushed, or mirrored finish stainless pump panel
- Up to 500 gallon poly water tanks
- #304 Stainless Steel bolted body, Huck bolted to the chassis frame
- Two body configurations to choose from, Left high/right low, or Double high sides with enclosed ladder storage
- Up to 300 cu. ft. of useable compartment space
- Roll up doors or hinged doors offered in painted or non-painted satin finish
- Alco-Lite or Duo-Safety ladders, aerial or ISO compliant
- 5-section ladder
- 1500 GPM monitor/nozzle
- Pinnable 5th section waterway
- EMS/storage cabinet options in the cab
- Hose storage, front suction, front discharge options in the bumper
- Multiple pump inlet, discharge, and crosslay options
- Foam system options
- Generator options up to 30 kw
- Numerous electrical and scene lighting options