Your Sutphen Heavy Rescue Truck will provide you with the ultimate in personnel and equipment carrying capabilities. Each is engineered to both maximize and optimize compartment space and storage. We configure storage compartments, slide out shelves, trays and tool boards to hold your equipment in the least amount of space.
Does your department have unique requirements for carrying ladders, pike poles, pry bars, dive equipment, and other specialized firefighting tools? Sutphen’s experienced staff engineers will design the racks and compartments you need to accommodate all necessary equipment, activities, generators, air tanks, lighting and more. Whether you need a Heavy Rescue Truck, a HazMat vehicle, an Urban Search and Rescue apparatus or a fully operational Mobile Command Center, Sutphen’s engineers and craftsmen will customize our Heavy Rescue Trucks to meet your needs.
- 6-Man to 10-Man full-tilt cabs: Whether you need to carry a little or lot of personnel, equipment, or paramedic supplies, our Heavy Rescue product line can accommodate all your needs. Cabs can also be outfitted with desks, radio banks or as a complete command center including electric side awnings.
- All the power you need: Sutphen rescues feature 10kw to 75kw generators (diesel, hydraulic, PTO, split-shaft) to provide a total source of electrical supply in any situation. Available telescoping single or dual rooftop lighting systems provide up to 18,000 watts of illumination.
- Need to store all that equipment: With multiple compartments available featuring roll-out trays, adjustable shelves or tool boards, easy equipment access is never an issue. Separate compartments are also available for dive equipment and diver suit-up. Self-contained hydraulic systems with separate hydraulic reservoir driven by the transmission can provide a separate source of power for rescue tools. With large transverse compartments located above the frame rails and 24″ deep compartments below the frame, our Heavy Rescue products offer between 843 – 906 cubic feet of compartment space. All compartments are formed with 3/16″ interiors with full size welded shelf track. The compartment floors feature sweep out style design for easier access and cleaning. Standard R.O.M. roller shutter doors allow for easy access to the entire compartment.
- Command Centers:Need to have a mobile commander center as well as a fully equipped rescue apparatus? If so Sutphen has you covered. We offer fully equipped slide-out walk-in configurations allowing users capability to have a multi-functional apparatus to respond to every call. Emergency escape hatch and rear ladder for rooftop access provide even more peace of mind.
- Sutphen Monarch custom cab and chassis. 56” to 73” cab and 10” to 20” raised roof options.
- Meritor axles standard – 18,000 front, 24,000 rear.
- Standard FireMaax air ride rear suspension.
- Cummins 435 HP standard, up to 500 HP available.
- Allison EVS 3000 or 4000 transmission.
- Double frame rail entire length of chassis.
- CONSTRUCTION: 3/16” Formed Aluminum
- FRAME: 2×6 Aluminum frame spring mounted to chassis
- DOORS: R.O.M. Aluminum Anodized Roll-Up
- ROOF: NFPA Tread plate walkway with coffin compartments
- GENERATOR: PTO or Hydraulic driven from 10kw to 75kw
- ROOF ACCESS: Rear stairway or 15 degree ladder
- AIR BOTTLE STORAGE: Three (3) fender compartments
- MISCELLANEOUS: Compressors, tool mounting, ladder storage, light towers
- 843 to 906 cubic feet of Compartmentation.
- Large transverse compartments above frame 24” deep below frame.
- Formed 3/16” compartment interiors with full size welded shelf track.
- 3/16” body panels with full length formed in drip rails.
- Seamless welded fender panels with polymer liners.
- Sweep out style compartment floors for easier access and cleaning.
- Robinson Roller Shutter doors standard equipment.
- Heaviest built box frame sub-structure in the industry.
- Extruded aluminum rub rails with built in marker lights and conspicuous tape.
- Frame mounted full width rear bumper.
- Four inch door sills and heavy duty vertically adjustable shelf track.
- Built in wire race ways for better protection and access to wiring.
- Horizontally adjustable reel mounts for better equipment placement.