Prepares and assembles pumper plumbing & fittings for fire trucks. Duties include installing and connecting pumps, gauges, and components by use of hand and air tools.
Why Join Our Amazing Team?
- Family Owned and Operated
- High Retention with Employee Recognition
- First Shift Operation: 7:00am – 3:30pm, Monday – Friday
- Safety is Priority
- Many More Perks!
- Install pumps, components and valves using hand and air tools.
- Install gauges to the pump panel.
- Utilization of hand and power tools.
- Use band saw to cut pipes and hoses.
- Use of gantry to place pump on the vehicle.
- Perform Hydra-stat test on pump (for leaks on values, pipers, drains, airlines, etc.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to operate forklift and lifting devices.
- Ability to utilize a gantry, hand, and power tools
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Prioritize and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Adaptable to a changing work environment and the ability to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, utilize dexterity in both hands to operate tools, machinery and controls. This includes holding, grasping, and turning. Occasional kneeling, crouching, reaching with hands and arms, balance talk and hear.
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs.
- Exposure to various temperatures. Heat levels on occasion can be more than moderate during the summer months.
Sutphen is an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, disability or protected veteran status.