Builds and Assembles ladders for fire trucks. Duties include preparing all handrails assembly, set up and layout for lacing & handrails, and installing and connecting cable anchors and slide block retainers by use of hand and air tools.
Why Join Our Amazing Team?
- Family Owned and Operated
- High Retention with Employee Recognition
- First Shift Operation: 7:00am – 3:30pm, Monday – Friday
- Safety is Priority
- Many More Perks!
- Inspect all materials for defects prior to use.
- Assemble individual sections of the ladder.
- Set-up, layout & drill holes for lacing & handrails.
- Overhead crane operation and inspection prior to use.
- Ensure air tools, air hose and other electrical equipment is inspected and ready for use.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Assembly experience.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Prioritize and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Adaptable to a changing work environment and the ability to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, utilize dexterity in both hands to operate tools, machinery and controls. This includes holding, grasping, and turning. Occasional kneeling, crouching, reaching with hands and arms, balance talk and hear.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Exposure to various temperatures. Heat levels on occasion can be more than moderate during the summer months.
Sutphen is an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, disability or protected veteran status.