Installs wiring and electrical components to fire truck bodies. Duties include installing and connecting electrical components by use of hand, air, and power tools.
Why Join Our Amazing Team?
- Family Owned and Operated
- High Retention with Employee Recognition
- First Shift Operation 7:00am – 3:30pm, Monday – Friday
- Safety is Priority
- Many More Perks!
- Prewire fire truck (body and sub frame) and disconnect computers.
- Install electrical wiring for fire truck cabs, pumps, and ladders.
- Install electrical wiring for hydraulic compartments & compartment doors.
- Assure that all work assigned to position is performed in accordance with specifications instructions and requirements.
- Operate all electrical functions during pre-pump testing and final pump testing.
- Perform final finish inspection and make any necessary adjustments to assure product specifications and quality standards are met.
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years as an electrician or training from a certified school
- Proper Forklift Operation
- Experience in vehicle electrical installations
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in English
- Perform basic mathematical equations and accurately utilize and read a tape measure
- Prioritize and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Adaptable to a changing work environment and the ability to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle, finger or feel objects, tools, or controls. Occasionally the employee must kneel or crouch, reach with hands and arms; climb, balance, and talk and hear.
- The employee frequently works in awkward positions.
- Fine dexterity is required for wiring and installing small nuts and bolts.
- The employee must occasionally lift and move items up to 50 pounds.
- The Position requires specific vision abilities that include close vision; distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is normally exposed to various temperatures. Heat levels on occasion can be more than moderate during the summer months.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Sutphen is an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.