Click Here to Apply
Position Title: Body Assembler
Department: Body Department
Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Work Schedule: 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., M-F
Fabricate bodies for fire apparatus. Maintaining clean and neat work area. Clean shop as needed, which may include lawn care, snow removal, sweeping, etc. Report to lead for daily tasks. Complete required paperwork accurately. Travel occasionally as needed as a representative of the Company.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Fabricate and assemble bodies
- Work within the manufacturing team
- assemble stainless steel and aluminum bodies
Manufacturing environment; may be exposed to loud noises, changing temperatures, machinery with moving parts, and exotic materials.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Experience in construction and/or building.
- Ability to read tape measure to 1/16”
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Clean / valid driver’s license
The ability to operate a forklift and lifting devices for movement of parts and cabs.
Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
Must be able to communicate in English (both written and oral) as it relates to the job.
Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Ability to read and use a tape measure.
The working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time. The employee frequently is required to walk; stoop and bend; and work on overhead structures.
Work may involve lifting of materials and product up to 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds. The use of lifting devices and the “Buddy System” are available.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protectors, safety shoes, etc.
The physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MEASURES
- Adherence to the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Adherence to the Company’s Safety Standards.
- Ability to maintain clean work areas and follow good housekeeping practices.
- Ability to follow work rules, work independently, be flexible and be willing to perform a variety of jobs.
- Ability to work effectively, courteously and respectively with other personnel.
- Ability to respond quickly and willing to go the extra mile.