Prepares and assembles pumper plumbing & fittings for fire trucks. Duties include installing and connecting pumps, gauges, and components by use of hand and air tools, welder, and threader.
Why Join Our Amazing Team?
- Family Owned and Operated
- High Retention with Employee Recognition
- First Shift Operation 7:00am – 3:30pm, Monday – Friday
- Safety is Priority
- Many More Perks!
- Set up frame rail (sub-frame assembly)
- Operate the overhead crane to set pump into module
- Pre-plumb and install pumps, components, and valves using hand and air tools
- Install pipe and related components (flow meters, valves, control linkages, and rods)
- Set up and operate threader
- Weld necessary parts and fixtures
- High school diploma or GED
- Proper Forklift Operation
- Experience in joining and installing pipes & waterways
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in English
- Perform basic mathematical equations and accurately utilize and read a tape measure
- Prioritize and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Adaptable to a changing work environment and the ability to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle, finger or feel objects, tools, or controls. Occasionally the employee must kneel or crouch, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs, balance, and talk and hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and move items up to 100 pounds.
- The Position requires specific vision abilities that include close vision; distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is normally exposed to various temperatures. Heat levels on occasion can be more than moderate during the summer months.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Sutphen is an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.