Click Here to Apply
Performs maintenance and repairs to ensure that the fire trucks and equipment are in proper working condition.
Why Join Our Amazing Team?
- Family Owned and Operated
- High Retention with Employee Recognition
- First Shift Operation 7:00am – 3:30pm, Monday – Friday
- Safety is Priority
- Many More Perks!
- Serve fire departments by analyzing work orders, planning travel schedule, investigating complaints, conducting tests, and resolving problems
- Establish service by studying problems, ordering, and gathering components and parts, completing installation, and performing acceptance tests
- Maintain rapport with customers by examining complaints, identifying solutions, suggesting improved methods and techniques, and recommending improvements
- Work with the fire departments to create a comprehensive and timely solution to repairs
- Technical degree or certification
- Class A or B CDL
- High-level ability to test, troubleshoot, service, and repair automated equipment
- Familiar with mobile applications and tools
- Superb customer service, communication, and self-management skills
- Ability to travel
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in English
- Perform basic mathematical equations and accurately utilize and read a tape measure
- Prioritize and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Adaptable to a changing work environment and the ability to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle, finger or feel objects, tools, or controls. Occasionally the employee must kneel or crouch, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs, balance, and talk and hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- The Position requires specific vision abilities that include close vision; distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is normally exposed to various temperatures. Heat levels on occasion can be more than moderate during the summer months.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Sutphen is an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.