Coordinates and plans technical engineering initiatives (specific to fire fighting vehicles) from design to building completion according to a schedule. This includes upholding project standards, researching compliance regulations, and adjusting specifications for elements of a project.
Why Join Our Amazing Team?
- Family Owned and Operated
- High Retention with Employee Recognition
- First Shift Operation: 7:00am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday
- Safety is Priority
- Many More Perks!
- Draft build instructions (build sheets) and as-built drawing of vehicles
- Check and clarify customer specifications, sales proposals, cost sheets, and addendums for accuracy and discrepancies.
- Assist purchasing with specifications for purchased parts.
- Assist sales department with technical details for use in bids and create bid drawings of vehicles.
- Work with other team members to ensure efficient completion of the project.
- Organize projects into tasks and set timeframes.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans, and reports.
- Attend regular meetings with engineering team and/or customers to ensure clarification and meet specific requirements in a timely manner.
- Find creative design solutions to problems.
- Break projects into tasks and set timeframes.
- Track performance and analyze the completion of key goals.
- Research new product ideas and methods.
- Ensure compliance with the industry’s safety standards.
- Bachelor’s or associate degree from an accredited college or technical school.
- Previous experience as a project manager. (1+ years preferred)
- Ability to use SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent math and computer skills.
- Ability to give and follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as drawings and specifications.
- Ability to work with and on fire trucks.
- Ability to prioritize and solve practical problems and handle a variety of situations.
- Ability to present and speak effectively in front of customers and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to work independently, effectively, and respectfully with others.
- Adaptable to a changing work environment and the ability to adapt to frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- The employee generally performs the job in an office environment but will be required to visit the production floor from time to time.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
- Dexterity in both hands while operating computer/keyboard and to grasp, move, and/or assemble very small objects.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Sutphen is an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, disability or protected veteran status.