Set-up, lay-out , drill, assemble and tack-up of cab finish parts and brackets. Fabricate, join and/or repair parts, fixures and various types of aluminum objects and structures using welding tools and equipment.
Why Join Our Amazing Team?
- Family Owned and Operated
- High Retention with Employee Recognition
- First Shift Operation: 7:00am – 3:30pm, Monday – Friday
- Safety is Priority
- Many More Perks!
- Weld components in flat, horizontal, vertical, and overhead positions.
- Monitor the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material.
- Fabricate, join and/or repair equipment, fixtures, and various types of aluminum objects and structures using Mig welding techniques.
- Examine workpieces for defects to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Assemble cab parts using appropriate hardware as directed.
- Operate power drill, power saws, shear, press brake, grinders and a variety of welding equipment and other hand tools.
- On occasion organize and put away parts.
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous experience Mig welding aluminum and stainless steel.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Effectively plan, organize, and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Welding trade school or apprenticeship training is preferred.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Prioritize and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Adaptable to a changing work environment and the ability to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, utilize dexterity in both hands to operate tools and controls. This includes holding, grasping, and turning. Occasional kneeling, crouching, reaching with hands and arms, balance talk and hear.
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs.
- Exposure to various temperatures. Heat levels on occasion can be more than moderate during the summer months.
Sutphen is an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, disability or protected veteran status.