Responsible for the daily set up and operation of the CNC controlled Trumpf Press Brake. This position also supports various departments on the shop floor by utilizing other machinery such as a waterjet to create, shape and customize parts.
Why Join Our Amazing Team?
- Family Owned and Operated
- High Retention with Employee Recognition
- First Shift Operation: 7:00am – 3:30pm, Monday – Friday
- Safety is Priority
- Many More Perks!
- Set up and operate Trumpf Press Brake.
- Perform press operations to produce parts/materials according to specifications.
- Supports various departments in other areas such as fabrication, hardware insertion, assembly, etc.
- Inspect the materials produced for quality and correct any inconsistencies.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the building supervisor.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow all required safety rules, regulations, and quality standards.
- Wear appropriate PPE including safety glasses, face shields, gloves, dusk masks etc.
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience in a manufacturing environment working with machine shop machinery such as lathe and mill.
- Press Brake machine experience, preferably on a CNC controlled press brake, Trumpf equipment experience preferred.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Excellent motor skills to adjust machinery settings and levers for each job.
- Good analytical and mathematical skills to interpret drawings, templates, and blueprints.
- Ability to accurately utilize and read gauges, tape measures and other measurement tools.
- Prioritize and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Adaptable to a changing work environment and the ability to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, utilize dexterity in both hands to operate tools, machinery, and controls. This includes holding, grasping, and turning. Occasional kneeling, crouching, reaching with hands and arms, balance talk and hear.
- Ability to lift and or move items up to 60lbs.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts and vibrations.
- Exposure to various temperatures. Heat levels on occasion can be more than moderate during the summer months.
Sutphen is an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, disability or protected veteran status.