We’ve taken our original mid-mount design to a whole new level. With the SPH 100 aerial platform, you get better maneuverability, greater versatility and more firefighting capability than any other mid-mount aerial apparatus on the market.
The shorter wheelbase and overall length allow this aerial platform to easily maneuver through tight city streets, cul-de-sacs and apartment or business complexes. With body options featuring up to 300 cubic feet of usable compartment space, the SPH 100 provides ample room for tool mounting boards, rescue tools, long handled tools, fans and more.
The platform features almost 20 square feet of working space with two monitors and can be easily accessed from the ground without having to walk the length of the ladder.
There’s nothing like a Sutphen, and there is nothing like the SPH 100 aerial platform. Explore our features for more details or view the video below.
Sutphen Signature Mid-Mount Design: Not only did we invent it, but we’ve perfected it. The Mid-Mount design has been the Sutphen signature design for over 50 years, and while others have tried to copy it, no one can match the quality and dependability of a Sutphen.
Lower Center of Gravity: The Sutphen Mid-Mount design and lower overall weight naturally contribute to a lower center of gravity. An apparatus with a lower center of gravity is a safer, more stable, and better handling piece of equipment.
Ease of Maintenance and Serviceability: Not having the platform rest over the cab means not having to raise the aerial in order to tilt the cab for access to the engine or other vital chassis components. Daily checks and service can be done inside the station or service center without moving the aerial.
Lighter Overall Weight: Sutphen Aerial Apparatus typically have an in service weight 5-10 Tons less than our competition. Don’t be mistaken though, lighter weight doesn’t mean lighter duty. What lighter weight does mean is better acceleration, better breaking with shorter stopping distance, and less wear and tear on your brakes and brake components which reduces maintenance costs.
The Strongest Aerial Device in the Industry: Four sides are always better than three, and the Four-Sided Box Boom design of the Sutphen Aerial Device makes it the strongest in the industry. Constructed using #6061-T6 aluminum alloy and fastened with aircraft grade HuckBolt technology, the aerial has a safety factor of 3:1, unmatched in the industry. The HuckBolt system eliminates the need for welds. Welding weakens the material, which makes it susceptible to cracking.
Thinking Inside the Box: We’ve built the box, now let’s put something in it. Doesn’t it make sense to keep all of the important equipment protected inside? The waterway, electric cables, and breathing air hoses are all housed inside the Box Boom. There they stay protected with less chance of being damaged, which reduces the chance of costly repairs, and apparatus down time. This also means that the Sutphen Aerial device can be placed right up against a roof cornice or building with no risk of damaging the waterway.
Lower Aerial Maintenance: The aluminum aerial device never needs painted, and won’t rust. Aerial slide blocks are constructed from Ultra High Molecular Weight Plastic that requires little to no maintenance.
Climbing to New Heights: If you are in a situation where you need to climb up, or down, the climbing ladder, rest assured that your path will be a safe one. The Sutphen climbing ladder has a clear foot path that is free from “K” bracing and other obstructions.
Fast and Easy Set Up: From the time you arrive on scene, the Sutphen Mid-Mount Aerial can be set up and in the air in 40 seconds or less. The fastest and most efficient set up time in the industry. All necessary control stations, eg: Cab, Jacks, Pump, and Turntable, are located within 12’ of each other.
Heavy Duty Body: The Sutphen body is constructed from corrosion resistant #304 Stainless Steel. Body compartments are bolted together for strength and ease of repair. They are tall and deep providing ample storage space for rescue tools and other bulky equipment, as well as tool mounting boards, shelves, trays, etc.
Enclosed Ladder Storage: The SPH 100 Aerial Platform features enclosed ladder storage at the rear of the apparatus. The standard 115’ compliment of NFPA ground ladders are stored on beam in the compartment, and an optional Truck Company Configuration provides up to 200′ of ground ladders, depending on body and option configuration.
Hose Bed Capacity: The easily accessible hose bed is also located at the rear of the apparatus and holds 1000’ of 5” supply hose.
Heavy Duty Cab Interior: Cab interiors are well appointed and very durable. Stainless steel door panels are standard, and heavy duty Durawear material covers the headliner and back wall. Bostrom Secure-All ABTS SCBA Durawear covered seats are standard.
Superior Driving Visibility: With no platform hanging over the top of the cab, your visibility is much greater. With the Mid-Mount design, there is nothing to block your view of busy intersections, street corner signs, or traffic lights.
- All Sutphen Aerial Apparatus are rated for 35 mph wind load.
- The Sutphen SPH 100 Aerial Platform has a 1000# tip load rating while dry, and a 500# rating while flowing water.
- The Sutphen Aerial will operate at full capacity anywhere within the operating envelope, regardless of extension or elevation, thus eliminating the need for a load chart.
- The hydraulic system operates with lower hydraulic pressure and lower heat; this is due to the lower weight of the device.
- All displays and controls are arranged in a user friendly manner and backlit for ease of viewing during nighttime use.
- A rotation interlock system allows the aerial to be safely short jacked.
- A crush avoidance system monitors the position of the aerial to the cab, body and other obstructions.
- Three crosslay are standard, one 2 ½” and two 1 ¾”.
- Water tank sizes include 300, 400, and 500 gallon depending on body selection and configuration. Foam tanks are also an option.
- Optional Stokes arms are available and located under the front of the platform.
- Optional Parapet Ladder mounted exterior on the center of the platform. Easy deployment of the ladder can be done while in the bucket, and eliminates the need to hang a roof ladder from the exterior of the platform.
- All Sutphen Aerial Apparatus include a Twenty (20) year structural warranty.
- Monarch 56”, 62”, 73” cab options with flat, or 10” half, or 15” half raised roof options
- Front Axle and Suspension up to 25,500 lbs.
- Rear Axle and Suspension up to 52,000 lbs.
- 12” bumper standard, optional 6”, 18”, 24”, or 30” extension options. Optional steel or steel channel, painted bumper
- Engine Options: Cummins ISL 9 400 or 450HP, Cummins ISX 12L 425, 450, or 500HP, or Cummins ISX 15L 600HP.
- Transmission: Allison Gen 5 EVS 3000 or EVS 4000 (dependent on engine)
- Point-to-Point or Multiplex wiring systems
- Diamond Plate Cab Roof (standard 36” x 59”)
- Standard 230” Wheelbase (with 56” cab)
- Hale, Waterous, or No pump/no tank option, 1500 to 2000 gpm
- Standard Pump Equipment: (2) 6” main suction, (2) 2.5” discharges left, (1) 2.5” discharge right, (2) 1.5” crosslay, (1) 2.5” crosslay, (1) 3” tank to pump, and (1) 1.5” tank fill
- Black vinyl, brushed, or mirrored finish stainless pump panel
- 300 to 500 gallon poly water tanks
- #304 Stainless Steel bolted body, Huck bolted to the chassis frame
- Eight body configurations to choose from, Double high sides in 48” or 56” heights with enclosed ladder storage
- Up to 300 cu. ft. of useable compartment space
- Roll up doors or hinged doors offered in painted or non-painted satin finish
- Alco-Lite or Duo-Safety ladders, aerial and ISO compliant
- 5-section ladder
- (2) 1000 GPM monitors/nozzles, one each side of the platform
- 4500 psi breathing air to the platform
- 120 volt outlet in the platform
- EMS/storage cabinet options in the cab
- Hose storage, front suction, front discharge options in the bumper
- Multiple pump inlet, discharge, and crosslay options
- Foam system options
- Generator options up to 30 kw
- Numerous electrical and scene lighting options