Click Here to Apply
Sutphen is a family owned and operated fire apparatus manufacturer servicing fire departments all over the country for more than 130 years.
Our Hilliard facility is seeking an Accounting Associate to join our amazing team!
Job Summary: The Accounting Associate is responsible for a wide range of accounting duties including A/P, A/R, month end close processes, and various financial management reports.
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Process sales orders/accounts receivable invoices and customer statements.
- Communicate with external vendors/customers, internal receiving and purchasing departments to resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Set up of new customers and vendors.
- Answer vendor calls, research and solve problems.
- Code, enter, and post invoices.
- Prepare 1099 forms.
- Perform reconciliation of payments, account analysis and monthly account reconciliations.
- Process credit card and expense reports.
- Process check requests.
- Post cash receipts, credit card receipts, ACH customer payments.
- Process mail by matching invoices to purchase orders and receiving documents.
- Send invoices to be approved by appropriate departments.
- Sort and match invoices and check requests.
- Audit and process credit card bills.
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
- Maintain truck books, accounts receivable/payable files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy, accepted accounting practices, and company record retention guidelines.
- Communicate with supervisor any issue(s) related to performing the duties of this position.
- Comply with organizations specific policies and procedures and safety and health standards including housekeeping standards.
- Display and promote positive relationships throughout the organization.
- Maintain confidentiality with discretion and integrity.
- Position supports front desk, as backup for phones and payroll processing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associates Degree in accounting or business. or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-5 years’ experience in accounts payables/receivables.
Skills / Requirements:
- High attention to detail.
- Proficient in relevant computer applications (Microsoft Office Excel and other Microsoft Office Software).
- Experience working in account software. Experience working in D365 is a plus!
- Ability to apply math principles using a spreadsheet or calculator.
- Ability to recognize potential invoicing errors and communicate to others to provide direction to minimize similar errors in the future.
- Professional and polite communication skills.
- Ability to handle financial information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to utilize the reporting that is available to ensure customer accounts are accurate.
- Dependable and reliable, with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent bookkeeping and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of payroll functions and procedures is a plus!
If you take pride in your work and want to experience the pride and passion that comes with servicing first responders every day, we would like to hear from you.
Sutphen is an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.